"Heed Ye Flower, Bush, and Tree,
and by the Lady, Blessed Be!"
From The Wiccan Rede
Celebrate the changing of the seasons and the beauty and power of the Moon, the Stars, and the Sun. Written by a Witch who has spent many years teaching the Craft of Wicca to newcomers, this introductory guide presents everything you need to know for successful witchery, including:
- An essential set of instructions and guidelines for beginning the practice of the Ancient Arts
- An overview of Wiccan beliefs, laws, rules, and principles
- Directions for creating and using basic tools of the Craft: athame, wand, cup, pentacle, cauldron, broom, black mirror, and meditation
- Easy-to-follow instructions for altar setup, circle-casting, building power, Deity invocation, and more
- An assortment of miscellaneous spells, chants, and invocations for a variety of purposes
Walk the path of the Witch - live in harmony and balance, and discover the sacred within the natural world with The Craft.
In the following excerpt, author Dorothy Morrison sheds light on the Moon/Goddess connection:
Because its energy is feminine in quality, the Goddess is often symbolized by the phases of the Moon. Each phase vibrates differently and corresponds to a specific Goddess personality, as well as to a variety of magical purposes.
Waxing Moon/Light Maiden: When the Moon grows from light to full, we use its energies for anything that requires increase, growth, or enhancement. It's a good time to work magic involving inspiration, new love and friendships, financial prosperity, healing, increasing physical stamina, and garden planting.
Full Moon/Mother: The Moon's energy is at its most potent when it reaches this stage. And while we can use it to boost any effort, it's of real benefit to especially complicated workings or difficult situations.
Waning Moon/Dark Maiden: When the Moon shrinks from full to dark, we use its vibration for anything that we want to diminish or eliminate. This energy works well for efforts that involve dieting, breaking bad habits, and eliminating stress or depression.
Dark Moon/Crone: Some practitioners use this phase to rest, regenerate, and regroup. Others use its energies for psychic work, divination, and delving into past life memories.