Buckland's Book of Saxon Witchcraft was one of the first books to explore Wicca from a solitary perspective. Originally written 30 years ago to correct abuses he saw occurring in covens, Raymond Buckland offered Wiccan seekers an introductory text on Saxon witchcraft or Seax-Wicca, which can be practiced alone.
Buckland's Book of Saxon Witchcraft presents meticulously researched information on the time-honored tradition of Saxon witchcraft. Buckland writes cogently and informatively about the history, mythology, spiritual practices, and witchcraft of Saxon England.
Buckland's Book of Saxon Witchcraft includes everything the solitary witch needs to practice Seax-Wicca, including:
- Descriptions of the Saxon deities and explanations of their primary beliefs
- An introduction to the magical runic Saxon alphabet
- A selection of original Pagan songs
- Instructions for initiation ceremonies, the eight Sabbats, marriage, birth, and death rites
- An explanation of the art and practice of Saxon Galdra or magic and the divination and herbal lore used for protection, love potions, and healing
- The Seax-Wicca Rite of Self-Dedication, which allows individuals to form their own covens and initiate themselves into the Craft
Buckland's Book of Saxon Witchcraft is an indispensable handbook for solitary witches or for witches in covens who want to explore Saxon witchcraft.
Originally published as The Tree: The Complete Book of Saxon Witchcraft, this anniversary edition offers a new introduction by the author to guide a new generation of witches into the art and practice of Seax-Wicca.
Other books by Raymond Buckland:
Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
Witchcraft DVD: Rebirth of the Old Religion
Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells & Rituals for Every Purpose
Advanced Candle Magick: More Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose